Removing graffiti from buildings can rise to billions of dollars in a year. Anti-graffiti programs are widely popular and vandalism is prevalent everywhere. International organizations invest capital in graffiti shield coatings to prevent the damaging of public and private properties against ugly and unwanted graffiti. The anti-graffiti coating is available in varying forms. The coating can be the paint, or a clear coat can be painted on the existing building paint.
Types of anti-graffiti coatings
In the majority of the cases, the anti-graffiti coating is not visible to the naked eye. When researched thoroughly, one will come across two primary types of anti-graffiti coatings.
- The sacrificial coating is the first type. The coating is applied on the target surface and then removed once there is graffiti. The surface below the sacrificial coating is clean and a new coating can be applied again.
- The second type is known as the permanent coating. The coating prevents the graffiti from getting attached to the targeted surface. This is the first motive of the permanent coating. New coatings are applied, which consist of charged polymeric compounds, turning in a gel form on the targeted surface.
Key features of anti-graffiti coatings
Some of the key features of anti-graffiti coatings are mentioned as:
- Adequate adherence without causing any damage to the substance
- 100% water-resistant
- Eco-friendly properties and processing
- Efficient and easy cleaning
- UV resistant
- All weatherproof
Places of graffiti shield applications
The graffiti shield application proves to be advantageous in the following places.
- Retail stores
- Educational institutions
- Public transits (trains, subways, buses, etc.)
- Governmental buildings
- Commercial spaces
- Large residential complexes
- Shopping malls
- Stadiums and arenas
A cost-effective solution against property damage
Protecting different types of surfaces with a shield against graffiti tagging is a cost-effective solution. A graffiti shield is also helpful in protecting against the day-to-day wear tear, discoloration, corrosion, and aging and restoring the aesthetic appeal of the property. The multi-purpose function of anti-graffiti coatings doesn’t cost much fortune. The anti-graffiti protectant can be used as a glass, metal, mirror shield, and even customized as per the requirement to protect a specific surface against graffiti tagging.
Glass and mirror shields
The glass shield is an anti-graffiti window protectant shielding the glass against spray paints, etching, scratches, and so on. The exterior coating can be cleaned easily without incurring any damage to the glass. Often public bathroom mirrors are vandalized with ugly graffiti tags. Thanks to mirror shields that can virtually eliminate the graffiti tags and even corrosion from the upper layer of the mirror. The anti-graffiti mirror shield is durable, cost-effective, and acid-resistance, and is also better than replacing the entire mirror.
A graffiti shield is considered an excellent, cost-effective, and functional solution against unwanted graffiti tags, spray painting, and so on. The best part is that the anti-graffiti shield coatings can be useful against daily wear and tear, corrosion, etc. Eliminating the acts of vandalism including graffiti tags, and paints can be expensive. Several commercial spaces, schools, hospitals, and government offices invest money in graffiti shields instead of incurring losses on the removal of graffiti paints.